What should you do to prepare for the big move?
Preparing for Moving Day
- Make sure boxes are labelled so the movers know in which room they belong.
- If you have more than one bedroom, call them bedroom 1, 2, 3, 4, etc….and put the numbers on a piece of paper on each bedroom door.
- What should you pack to bring with you in the car? Bring a small bag with your mask, water, food, hand sanitizer, change of clothes, toiletries, tylenol or advil (moving day headaches are a no-no)
- Plan ahead and have your pet stay with a friend or relative during the move.
- Arrange child care. As much as you love having your kids be part of the moving process, this will keep them out of harms’ way when the movers are lifting heavy furniture around the house.
- Call your utilities ahead of time to get them turned on in the new location.
- Wear layers of clothing in case you get too hot or too cold — so you can adjust for comfort.
- Talk to your new neighbors in advance and make them aware of when you’ll be moving in. That way they won’t be disrupted with limited parking or having kids playing outside in the way of the moving truck.
- Have a place to write down items and start a punch list for your new landlord or home builder. You’ll see things right away that you want to write down or jot notes in your phone.
- Start a list of what you need to buy immediately.. items like lighting and seating may be overlooked at first.
- Call ahead to have lunch delivered at a specific time so you remember to eat and drink. Getting hangry is not fun in the middle of a move.
- Bring tylenol or advil with you in case of a stress headache.
Contact Hercules Movers at (610) 647-7032